View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #47
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Now if Stapp wants to extend the break... it's his choice. Of course the others shouldn't be waiting for him to do what they love. I think it's ok to have a side project and when Stapp is ready, they can come back re-energized!

But it's unfair to say Mark and the others are stabbing him in the back just because they want to move on.

I think everything will come for the good of them. Even if it means the end of Creed, which will be pretty sad. But we should be happy for them, right?

Ya know I have been working toward this in my heart and after I read this thread yesterday I had taken a road trip with plenty of time to think while driving. I had found a little peace about the whole situation but I am now feeling really relaxed about it. Thinking about Mark's style and such - I have always felt they both compromised a little bit to find the formula that is Creed - and it is a good tihing for them creatively to evolve their own styles and be the best Mark and Scott they can be respectively. If that means no Creed for a while I am heartbroken as I will miss it - but it can only bring more good things. maybe great things - and I know in my heart they will find their way together again -

I can't help but think, though, that they haven't parted on the best of terms and that part makes me sad. I hope that if that is the case then they can at least reconcile their friendship even if they can't pull the band together right now. Just speculation on this part of course, but I don't get the feeling it is joyous between them
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie