Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #67
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You or I have no idea what they did or didn't do to help him out initially. As I said before, no one can really help an addict if he's not ready to accept the help. I don't think the rest of Creed are the bad guys here. You fail to recognize that these were choices initially made by STAPP to do drugs and drink. I do fault management for either not recognizing that the problem was more severe than they were willing to admit or simply ignoring it, but then again, they are ruled by making a ton of money. They weren't going to let their cash cow run dry before its time.

Again, it was Stapp who decided to do drugs and drink, not Mark. And again, we don't know what was really done or not done to help Stapp.

Most addicts are in denial about their addictions. Most of them try to act like they don't need help. What makes Stapp any different? Most times... it takes support from the people you're close to in order to kick bad habits like alcoholism or drug use. Well... now is Mark's chance to say something if he did try to help. Nobody has said anything... so that makes it difficult to believe that they did try to help the guy out. I would try my best to help out a friend or bandmate. All management had to do was cancel or postpone the tour. They did for a few shows after Stapp got in a car accident... or a soar throat. If this was an ongoing problem with Stapp... someone should've recognized it.