Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #74
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) [It] just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there...

Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.