View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I was doubtful of the story at first because I doubted the source. We still don't know all the facts, but if the 311 guys are talking about it, something must have happened. This is disappointing for sure.

Yeah, I agree. Still, it's entirely possible that the 311 guys are spinning the story to favor them. I mean, I don't doubt that it happened(and if it didn't....it's a very elaborate publicity stunt by 311) but I do doubt some of the stuff 311 has said. I'm kinda waiting to see if Stapp addresses it at all, and from there, I guess I'll judge which one to believe more.

If this story and the other one(in the NY Daily News) is completely true, it definitely points to Stapp having a substance abuse problem, whether that's with alcohol or, dare I say it, drugs. That would definitely explain a lot of his past indiscretions, such as the bar fight in '01 and even the Chicago incident. It's obviously sad if this is the case, as he is a talented musician who is letting his demons get the best of him. I hope that he gets the help that he needs, and is fans, rather than criticizing him, really should pray for him. It's pretty obvious that he is still struggling with certain aspects of his personal life.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!