Thread: No Religion...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 09:02 PM   #12
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You can be spirit filled, full of faith and joy, a believer of God and Christianity without religion. Religion is a set of rules that society has set forth. People interpret the bible in different ways and that creates religion. Non-denominational churches beleive in "reading the bible like it is", and they feel that Religion has created a lot of problems. Just like the bible stating the "Woman should be silent in church" Pentecostal people believe to interpret that as it is read. They say women cannot preach, they should be silent in church, yet they have women singing in their choir. The bible says, "turn water into wine", yet the baptists feel you should not drink. I will say this, I am not religious, but I have reasearched a lot about churches and have attended several. I think that it's best to find what you beleive in, maybe you feel more secure in a certain religion so you like to know what your boundaries are. I myself feel more comfortable with spirituality, I think religion just complicates things. Just to let you know my opinion on this issue.