View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #76
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I consider myself a "hardcore stapp fan", but I'm one who chooses not to discuss any "issues" the man may have. But I will discuss things that I've read, and understand.

Dude, the whole "throat, took one for the team" was just that. If he didn't take the injections, he couldn't perform, he couldn't perform...tour cancelled. People were pissed at the concerts that were cancelled, ex-bandmates mentioned it in previous interviews as well. So what, exactly would you have done? Been crucified for cancelling and being a man enough to handle the critisims of not only your fans, but your own bandmates....or taken the meds, became dependant on them, got crucified again for the way they made you look, and been man enough to handle those critisims as well??

Who would you blame? Yourself, the Dr., the fans, management, label, your bandmates?. And I gotta say, I guess Ozzie was just as stupid, cause the same Dr. treated him.

Man, you can dislike Stapp all you want, for whatever reason strikes your fancy, hell, you can even make stuff up if that's what you want to do, but damn, I just see things in a different way, so please don't try to shove your crap down my throat.

I have a very similar viewpoint...I had tickets to a show that got cancelled twice on the weathered tour and I always defended his story. Its just that all these alleged events are making me wonder more about his true character. I was hoping that with the new album, he would appear free of any of the problems that dogged him in the past. And he may prove to do just that. But, if he keeps getting in drunken rages and continues being an alleged ass to people than his reputation (not among Stapp fans like us) will continue to suffer. But I'll always be a fan of his music and thats what I too prefer to focus on and discuss instead of crap like this.