View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #79
rainfall
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed. I like AB , but prefer stapps lyraical sound as compared to myles rants of 80's music past. If by listening to the sample of fight son it is not more ever appearant that Stapp does not need his former bandmates to be successful as where alterbridge can sure as hell use a new lead singer...because miles just doesn't cut it..Yeah AB had a few decent songs but nothing that would make you think that they were anything more than a mediocre throwback rock band.. Stapp will have a heck of a solo career and as much as it pains me to say It because I am a big fan of tremonti's, after hearing the guitar work and drums I really don't thimk stapp needs his ex bandmates...I mean sorround me and fight song sounded great and tremonti wasnt even playing in it.You can say what you want about his comments on the radio about AB , but he's right he wrote the lyrics that rocketed creed to the charts and It is amazing how he was able to reproduce creeds sound without those guys being there as where myles who is a good singer just really can't cut it to bring alter bridge to the forefront of really successful bands. Im not knocking myles he has a good voice but he;s a drop in the bucket when trying to replace Platinum sound that Stapp has..period!

First give enough respect to check your spelling on the name of a man/musician you are trying to knock down. And what makes you think that Scott Stapp is going to have a leg up regarding success, All the men of Creed will have to start from ground zero in that respect. Maybe, the men of Creed should search for a different meaning to the word success, maybe that is what Alterbridge is doing, and I can only hope that Scott Stapp can find a new meaning because apparently the old definition wasn't working for him either. If Scott Stapp wants to really earn the respect he has lost as a person and vocalist he is going to need to do something different that "reproduce" what he has already done. Repeating shows no growth, change, or desire to improve. And if you highly regard Scott's solo career because he recreates the sound that Creed put forth, I would charge you with ignorance to the real meaning of music, nor are you a musician.

Last edited by rainfall : 11-07-2005 at 02:28 AM.