View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #123
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
edited for 'clarification' purposes.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology. If you didn't accept it, that's your problem, but you got one just the same. This argument doesn't work anymore.

If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.

Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.

Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.
Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.

Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Oopsy, seems as if he's already paying that price. From a radio interview.

“It’s been frustrating so far that hardly anybody knows we exist,” Tremonti said by phone during a tour stop in Montgomery, Ala. “What I expected after going out and selling 30 million records would be that people would know that (Creed) was broken up or that Alter Bridge was a band with three members from Creed. I thought the word would have spread.”

“Our big battle from the start is that we definitely want to be known as Alter Bridge,” he said. “Do we market ourselves as a brand new band or as former members of Creed so we could introduce millions of Creed fans into the mix? But we don’t want people to see us because they are Creed fans. We said from the beginning that we don’t want to have any kind of Creed reference to this band.”

"We’ve had some talks recently with the record label and we’ve agreed to let people know where we came from so we can build up some awareness,” Tremonti said

Im not sure if youre aware-
Creed was the biggest, longest lasting, mainstream rock band of the last decade.
Alter Bridge?
not mainstream rock, often associated with Stapp, sorry but thats a lot of weight to pull.
And until they start playing Creed songs (which they wont)
you have no stones to cast.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller

Last edited by fluttergirl : 01-25-2005 at 01:31 AM.