View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

So obviously none of you have even an inkling of how much energy is required to put on even a mediocre live performance?

Just doing a straight play, meaning no singing dancing or running around a stage, for an hour is mentally and physically exhausting.

I'm not saying this to diminish physical laborers, but that is a very different kind of stress and energy.

3 hours a night of two totally different kinds of music, running around on stage, sound checks, any media obligations, fan meet and greets, etc., and imo this requires far more total energy than any 8 hour job.

I've sat at a desk for 8 hours a day and i've performed and i've worked physical labor jobs, performance requires the most total energy (mental and physical).

So no, i would not wish a 3 hour performance of two different styles of music more or less every day on top of the travel stress on 3 members of the band, they'd burn out, even over a shorter duration tour.

It'd be one thing if they did a special concert or 3-4 performances that way, but a standard set of an hour and a half is exhausting once a night, thinking that it's nothing to just double or triple that because they aren't lifting cement bricks all day is just naive and uninformed.