View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 02:32 AM   #12
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If you are SURE the person is the one, then why not wait until wedlock? To many people get emotionally attached and screwed over by having sex before marriage.... I'm a guy and I'm committed to staying a virgin until I have a ring on my finger, and I'm darn proud of it! I am a Christian, but I am not staying away from it ONLY because of my faith, but because I feel that if the person is worth marrying, she's worth waiting for. Its not fair to her to take her viginity and any chances of getting it back, and then still have the possibility of a breakup. If you take her of that, you are also stealing it from her future spouse, who might want it... having sex before marriage is a selfish act frankly... if you can't wait until you're married, then you're not worth the other person's time. It doesn't matter if both people agree or not, because people change, and the people they meet in the future might not agree. Waiting is also a good test to make sure your relationship is not based merely on sex! You may not think it is initially, but as many of you know, your outlook changes once you've broken up and stop having a bias attitude.