Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

After listening to the streams over and over for the past couple hours I feel ready to give my review. Alter Bridge is entirely one of my favorite bands besides Creed and a few others. This CD is very much different than anything Ive heard from the guys before. The CD is loaded with great music but at the same time mangled by Kennedy's delivery on many of the songs. You will get no argument from me that Myles is one of the most talented rock vocalist in music but his style really makes me love him one minute and wonder what the heck the next and all of ABs CDs are representative of this. I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is. I am all about guitar riffs..Shredding and Myles mindblowing shrieks but I didnt get that from this album. While songs like Into the Void, Know it hurts and Isolation hit like a ton of bricks in the face...The rest of the CD with a few exceptions doesnt really blow my mind..The ballads in Blackbird and One Day Remains were way better..Not one slow song on this CD touches you the way Watch Over you or Broken Wings does. I really dont know what to think..Part of me wants to love the album and the other part is like what happened here..Overall a good effort..I read some saying this is Marks best work since Human Clay..Meh..I am one of Marks biggest fans and while this CD technically is his best it doesnt have the same appeal that his other work has..I give this Album a 7.5 overall..It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.