View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #89
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Good discuassion...I love it.

Ok to got started.
Where have Pearl Jam's Fanbase gone? In an era where Post-grunge is still pretty popular, you would figure a band like Pearl Jam (grunge( could make it and in fact increase their fan base....but they don't...In fact I haven't even heard a newer song by pearl jam, even when requests are allowed. Maybe i its just where i live but still you would figure they would once in a while. Even on modern rock sations you don't here them.
Again, this is not about radio spins. Have you ever tried to get tickets to a Pearl Jam show? They are still selling out arenas despite the lack of radio play of their newer music. One show I went to a couple of years ago sold out in 18 minutes. I was lucky to get two tickets. The hundreds of people behind me in line were SOL. You can't judge a fan base by what is played on the radio, as that is pretty much controlled by the corporations that think they know what people will listen to/buy. They keep trying to shove music like Evanescence and Good Charlotte down our throats, but it's not working, at least for me. I stopped listening to commercial radio two years ago.