View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #47
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

It says in the Billboard article and on 311's board that the police were called. But then it says in RS that they weren't. What's up with the inaccuracies there?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Then why did one of the band members say on 311's official board that the cops were called and they took Scott out of the hotel? You've got a point about celebrity special treatment, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hotel workers obviously would never comment on something like this, but then again, the lack of actual reporting by the so-called media is pretty pathetic. They probably didn't try very hard to find any.

Why wouldn't they anonymously comment on it? It's between two celebrities, afterall.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) See above. Plus, was the manager in the bar? Not necessarily. He may not have witnessed anything.

True, you've got a point there. But still, it was between two celebrities and it happened at his hotel. Why wouldn't he want to have 15 minutes of fame?

Another thing the PBF poster thought of: why would Scott be away from his family in Florida AND his son on Thanksgiving? His son seems to be the center of his life, so why would he want to be away from him on a Holiday?

More food for the thought.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nixhex) greetings everyone, i'm new here, and wanted to put my two cents into this conversation. It's sort of sad that there are people on here happy that Scott punched a fellow recording artist. Did anyone read the rolling stone article? Scott himself is quoted as saying 311 inspired him to start his band. And you are glad he instigated a fight with the band who is partly responsible for your beloved music existing? secondly, 311 are very low key, laid back, positive-preaching, weed smoking musicians, and in no lyrics will you find violent intentions. and lastly, INDIGOSTEVE, I have met and talked with every member of 311. they are all some of the nicest guys I know. I will grant you that Nick HExum is quite full of himself, but, he wasn't at the scene of the incident.

I respect all real music and musicians, and would never hope anyone be attacked or their wives be degraded.

ANd just for the record, no one on any 311 board is blowing anything out of proportion, like someone posted.

First of all, welcome to the forums. Second, if you had really read all of the posts in this thread, you'd see that most of us(including myself) did not condone what Stapp supposedly did. If it happened like the 311 guys said, it was definitely a disgrace.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!