Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #136
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Your pretty freaking naive if you think that Hanson wouldn't condone anything that kept Stapp stepping on stage every night. I've read the damn Rolling Stone interview. For months I've heard everyone here call him a liar. For months they said there would be no album..and if by chance one did appear it would suck. Now the guy has come clean and admitted his problems...only catch is he said some not-so-nice things about his ex-bandmates. If Tremonti had made the statement about something being said in a management meeting....no one here would disbelieve him. I think all of you are pretty naive if you think that Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips aren't capable of being just as big of an asshole as you claim Scott Stapp is. What makes them so freaking special that they aren't capable of being jerks themselves? Just cause they have been nice to you? Hell yeah they are nice to you. You bought a ticket or you bought a CD.

I'm actually glad that Stapp is away from them. It appears to have had a positive impact on his life, though I'm sure most of you freaking people wouldn't see it that way. Regardless of what any of you think, I wish the man much luck in dealing with what he's going through....its called COMPASSION.

Believe it or not, I do understand what you are saying. I can only offer my experience with a girlfriend, who I considered very close, that became addicted to crack cocaine. I took her every incoherrent phone call. I picked her up when she called me and couldn't drive. My husband, a police officer, had her deliberately pulled over and kept safe until he could arrive to take her home. But there came a time when her addiction began to infiltrate my home, my life, my happiness. I have three children and their protection and safety is my number one concern. Finally, one night, I had to lay it all out with her. I told her to never contact me again. If she got clean and sober my door would be open, but until then she was not permitted in my life.

Does that make me an asshole? I don't want to assume what Mark or Flip were thinking, or what point they were at, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had reached that same point with Stapp.

I will be thrilled for Stapp if he can make his life better; not only for himself but for his son, and his fiance.