View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #31
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I get what you're saying. It IS a double standard, he hasn't practiced what he preaches and he definitely has problems, as far as we can tell. As a Christian, instead of turning my back on his music and the good it has done for my life, I choose to stand by the music(not his actions) and pray for the guy who is behind it.

I guess because he presents himself as a Christian, he is held up to a higher standard than the average Rockstar. I think if he were perceived as the typical Rockstar, rather than the holier than thou Rockstar, people wouldn't be that pissed off with his recent actions. Afterall, this kind of ridiculous, stupid behavior is common in Rock&Roll. But I guess with the sometimes blantant spirituality in his lyrics, combined with his Christian beliefs(which he has made known), people don't expect him to do this stuff, because, really, would you expect a fellow Christian to act this way? No, because it is considered "sinful" behavior, which it is. So when he does do this stupid crap, people are quite angry about it and he loses quite a few fans because of being held up to such a high standard. Apparently not everyone is willing to look past the stupid behavior and actually give the MUSIC a chance to speak for itself. I don't like Stapp because of his personality or beliefs, I like him because of his music.

There's a quote I'd like to use, which comes from a recent article on(surprise!) christianmusicnews.net:

That quote, right there as far as I'm concerned, says it all.

I like the way u put that in words. I feel the same way. I like his music, yes, but the person he has become is alittle much for me. This is how I see it, if u come into the entertainment business talking about how much ur this and how much ur that, ur fans get used to U being that way. Then when he does a 360 and does something that we never thought that he would, we're shocked. Like I said I'm a fan of stapp he's music is good, but the way he acts right now, I kinda feel bad 4 the guy in a way. But he has to do something about it, b4 he's fans start leaving one by one.