View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #166
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Most of them can't handle it... that's why a lot of them die young. I mean... substance abuse killed (in one way or another) Cobain, Layne Staley, Jeff Buckley, Hendrix, Jim Morrison... and countless others. So far, it looks like Stapp has handled drugs, booze, and partying relatively well compared to some of those guys.

Nothing gives "anyone the right the right to do whatever the hell they want," but there have been musicians have done some stuff that would make Stapp look like a choir boy. Yet, it's Stapp that seems to always be put under the spotlight. He's a struggling Christian... everyone knows that. As am I... and millions of other people. I don't see why you guys have a fit everytime he makes a mistake... how does that affect the music he makes? Everyone makes mistakes... and pretty much every rock musician also does. You want trouble free, G-rated music created by G-rated musicians? Go listen to a Hanson record...

Russell Crowe beat the crap out of a hotel worker this year for no reason... but that doesn't mean that Gladiator wasn't a good movie.

those are all medical aspects and side effects of drugs which one chooses to get high rather than living a normal and healthy life, thats up to the person doing it and how long he lives is also his decision and is not effecting people in a negative way. What I mean by the word "handle" means that as long as it doesnt effect the people around them in a negative way theyre all mature and talented people and can make the right decision hopefully, however if it does effect others thats when "other people" are allowed to step in, judge and take part in the issue.

As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Russell Crowe is an actor, hes getting paid to be something hes really not. Scott is making music from his heart and his experiences which all seem to be BS, he just knows how to write well and none are inspired from himself. And top of all, this being a foot note and not related to his personality; he is no where near Jim Morison or COBAIN as far as the music goes; if he was a true genius in that sence it might have covered for all the shit that he has going on right now, but thats not the case at all.

Last edited by sina2b : 12-05-2005 at 06:49 PM.