View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #116
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.

Quote: Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.
No, I never said fans should. Hell, I know I don't. I have said from the get-go that I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure no artist is going to base working with another artist on what is said about the artist in the media.

Quote: I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway.
Because of what you have seen/read in interviews? Yikes, that's kind of scary.

Quote: And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy.
Well, trying to please someone means trying to make people happy. A lot of people who try to make others happy often put on a facade to accomplish this. They can't be who they really are, because a) they are too insecure, or b)they are too insecure. They worry that no one will like them for who they really are, so they can't be true to themselves. They let others dictate their course in life.