View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #115
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things .

God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.

Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.

The bashing of Stapp (if that's what you are referring to) by 3 of the members of Alter Bridge started with the MTV interview. I'm not sure of the dates, because I don't keep up with all of that, but there were enough interviews, radio spots, and mag articles at the time Stapp's song was released to curl most anyone's hair. I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway.

And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy.