View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #107
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Yea Steve, I read that one too.... But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that.
The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

Quote: As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.
I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

Quote: Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone....

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things .