View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #1
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hanson quits Alter Bridge

"If Alter Bridge ever manages to match the phenomenal popularity of Creed, it looks as if it will happen without manager Jeff Hanson.

Hanson, who was instrumental in turning Creed into a multiplatinum force, stepped down this week as manager of Alter Bridge. That group -- featuring ex-Creed members Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four vocalist Myles Kennedy -- now will be handled by Jeff Cameron, a longtime executive at Jeff Hanson Management & Promotions.

It's more than an organizational move.

Cameron will be splitting with JHMP to manage Alter Bridge as part of his own yet-to-be-named business. Hanson, meanwhile, will continue to focus his company's attention on emerging acts under the umbrella of his Bombtrax promotion company and Silent Majority record label.

The list includes Paramore, Family Force Five, Mute Math and Story Side B. In addition, Hanson's company plans to roll out a new digital label in a partnership with iTunes with the solo debut album by 'N Sync's Chris Kirkpatrick.

"Jeff and I owned everything equally, but I'll stay with Alter Bridge," Cameron says. He added that he would probably need to settle on a name for the new company but that his ambitions are fairly modest.

"I don't really have any aspirations to form a management company; I'm dedicating all my time to Alter Bridge right now."

Despite a history of drama in Creed, Hanson's latest move apparently was a mutual decision.

"It makes more sense to divide up what we're doing, and Cameron has been doing most of the Alter Bridge stuff anyway," Hanson says. "It's all on good terms, and it creates an atmosphere where Alter Bridge isn't asking where I am, and everyone else is asking where Cameron is."

As for the band, Alter Bridge is taking a few weeks off because Tremonti and his wife are expecting a baby. This summer, the band will be back on the road with dates in Europe. Cameron reports that Alter Bridge's One Day Remains has sold just more than 400,000 copies since its release in August."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...rl-calmusictop