View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

Ok, I'm sorry, but what musician WOULDN'T want fans who are just into the music? That's what they strive for as musicians, isn't it? Chris Cornell went through a period where he didn't want his picture taken because people seemed to be focusing on his looks instead of Soundgarden as a band. I fail to see where Mark is dissing real fans of the music here.
[/quote]
Quote: I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally.
And herein lies the problem with a lot of the people who were more into Scott Stapp. You all seem to take everything Mark says about AB as some sort of dig at Scott. I just don't see that at all. I love Scott as much as the next person. I'm a die-hard Creed fan, too, and I happen to like AB as well. It's fine if you don't, but I am sick to death of reading all this BS that Mark is dissing fans or Scott. You seem to read so much more into the words than what is really there. He's a musician. Of course he wants fans who are into the music. And maybe he's trashing the so-called die-hard fans who were more into the supposed personalities and looks of the band, rather than the music. Unless you're one of these people, I don't see how you could take this comment personally.