View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 08:33 PM   #13
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Since everyone seems to hang on every word that Michael says...here is exactly what he posted about Hide.

The REAL GabrielPosts: 56(5/18/03 2:19:24 am)Reply Re: What Creed lyrics did Mark write exactly? While Mark wrote the music and melodys for Hide I think the lyrics were a collaboration. I heard Mark play the song before he presented it to Scott and the lyrics were different. The song was called Hide at the time but the content was about being scared to commit in a relationship. Scott took the idea and made it his own while changing the lyrics to its present form. Some lyrics in there might be ones Mark wrote but I honestly can't remember the lyrics to the the original version so I cant be sure. I guess you could equate it to movies. Mark came up with the story idea and Scott wrote the script, if that analogy helps at all.Michael

thanks heaps for posting that it clears everything up. It would be great if in this anthology we could get some information on other such matters, perhaps how songs such as Hide were originally supposed to be and the song that Mark wrote for his wife.