View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
http://www.stetina.com/cgi-bin/ikonb...um=4&topic=180

the best parts are to come:

Quote: After I recorded Exottica, a lot of people have said things to me over the last few years like, "Keep it up! Let's bring shred back!"

Well, writing that last response on the 'Creed' thread got me to thinking about this discussion I recently had with Mark... He said all it really takes to put shred back in business is 20 seconds. That is, a great hit song that has massive mainstream success, gets tons of airplay, AND a great 20 second shredding solo. That it.

No amount of killer instrumental albums will do it. Because no one cares. Because music is a market-driven thing, driven by sales. The only way is to tie shred to something popular and mainstream, with loads of sales... that would turn everything upside down.

Of course he's exactly right. That's what he wants to try to do on his next album. And that's also what I'm trying to do with my upcoming project. If either or both of us succeed, there just may be a market after all for what most of you on this board want to do! So, if only for that, I think a little Creed respect is due... or at least Tremonti respect!

Troy

PS: Mark can already play as fast as anyone I've heard.