View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
Anna1011
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
well heres my review of last nights gig.

i got to the venue around 5:30 and joined the queue, the queue wasnt very big at that time but not long after we arrived loads of fans joined the queue. i was soo excited that i didnt notice the cold so i was stood there jumping around all hyper in a vest top and jeans. it was around 7:00 when they finally opened the door and let us in, i signed in and dumped my bag with my sister, me and my brother-in-law ran upstairs to hopefully get near the front of the queue, didnt quite manage that. at around 7:30 they let us in and everyone ran towards the front to get a good place, we got a space a couple of rows from the barrier.

the support band hiding with girls came on around 8:30 i think, i thought they where pretty good and i would definately go see them play. i cant remember any of the songs they played but the crowd didnt give them a good reaction, but i was there head banging along to almost all of their tunes.

after the hiding with girls set finished i spotted gabi and her friend down the front and made my way throught to talk to her, now i was in touching distance of the barrier.

i dont know the exact time but some time after 9:00 the guys hit the stage starting what was going to be the best night of my life. im crap at remembering what songs where played but hopefully gabi will know and post them later. i sang along to every word of their tunes but didnt know/hear the covers they did. about half way through their set i managed to fight my way into a gap at the barrier i was soo pleased i had managed to get soo close. myles and mark threw plectrums into the crowd and i got one of each.
at the end of their set flip was throwing his drum sticks into the crowd and my brother-in-law caught it and gave it to me, which was really kind as he is a huge AB fan aswell.

afterward we went down to the merch stand and i bought some AB pants, i really wanted to buy the hoody aswell but i didnt have the money so i bought one from out side.

i really really wanted to meet the guys so after we went round the back to wait for them to come out, we waited ages in the freezing cold but i wasnt giving up just yet. at around midnight they came out, myles first, then mark, brian and flip after. i was soo star struck i could hardly speak. i got them all to sign my flyer and flip to sign my drum stick. i got pictures with them all aswell (ill post them later).

i had such a fantastic night and if the guys ever read this then i want to thank them for the amazing show and for taking the time to stand out in the cold and meet the fans afterward.thankyou soo much it was the happiest time in my life. i swear i have a couple of broken ribs but its well worth it just to see the guys.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here