View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: The Great Divide (not looking so good)

Being the optimistic person that I am, this doesn't really concern me that much. Lots of albums don't always do well on the charts in the first few weeks. Some just need time to build more momentum and be successful. This MIGHT be one of those albums. It is obvious that the first single hasn't done all that well. I'm thinking if WU releases "Surround Me" next, that'll probably do much better. It just seems to be more radio friendly and catchy than TGD. I really hold it in the same vein as WAWO.....and we all know how big of a hit that was.

At this point, I would hope that people won't give up on this CD or Stapp's solo career. It is wayyyyyyy too early to judge everything based off the 3 week sales total. We'll see how things look in a year or two. Until then, those of us who are fans just gotta hope that more and more people are open to giving Stapp's music a chance. It seems like, given some of his silly antics in the past, as well as what has happened recently, people are unwilling to even play his music. Radio stations will play requests for Alter Bridge(which I am VERY thankful for), yet not Stapp. They'll EVEN play requests for Creed. Believe me, I have TRIED hard to get Stapp more airplay on my local rock station. I've requested him during the All-Request Lunch Hour. I even did an "experiment" and requested both Stapp and AB at roughly the same time. Guess who got played?

Anyway, I admit that it is frustrating that the CD hasn't moved 200,000 yet......but 170,000 isn't that bad. It's a far cry from what Creed sold, but times have changed since the last Creed CD came out. And just because Stapp's CD isn't flying off the shelves, that doesn't make it a horrible CD. If that were the case...then that Ashlee Simpson CD is an amazing CD. Sales rarely actually represent quality of music.

Titan9
Ever the optimist and long-winded poster

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!