View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #59
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain....I just don't know where to begin with addressing this post. A lot of people who say Stapp is a great guy(and I'm ignoring the musical aspect when I'm saying this) have probably met him. I've heard stories(from those who met him) of how nice he was, how personable he was etc. He gives off this "nice guy" attitude to these particular people, and so they say how he's a good guy. But then you've got these other people who say how much of a jerk he is. It really goes either way with Stapp; he's capable of being both the most charming guy around and a complete jerk.

Here's what's been proven:
Stapp almost killed himself
Stapp was addicted to drugs
Stapp's an alcoholic

Here's what's been said(but NOT proven!):
Stapp's a jerk
Stapp's an egomaniac that no one likes to be around

The latter two things are OPINIONS, and aren't facts. Those who say that Stapp is a good guy aren't idiots for saying that. The Bonds thing is irrelavant because it does not relate to Stapp. Bonds is being crucified by the media for something that he ADMITTED to doing! Stapp is being crucified by many people for supposedly being a jerk, something that hasn't been proven. The Bonds analogy doesn't apply here.

Let's get back on topic, though. There is no way to prove that Stapp is a bad parent or that he is a good parent. Only those CLOSE to him know whether he is or is not a good parent. Which is why I think it is flippin' ridiculous to discuss his ability as a parent. We don't know what goes on.

I'm sick of people picking on Stapp's personal life. I refuse to judge something that I do not know; besides, as a Christian who sins, it is not my place to judge someone who sins like I do.

I have a wonderful mother. She has been there for me since day one. I admit, she isn't world's greatest mother as she has made her share of mistakes. But you know what? SHE TRIES HER HARDEST TO BE THE BEST MOTHER SHE CAN BE! How the heck do we know that Stapp doesn't try his hardest to be the best father he can be? We don't, which is why it is stupid to even be discussing this.

All of this, of course, being my opinion.
very well said, thank you!
I met Stapp in las vegas and he was very laid back, very nice and I think he is really putting in an effort to be a better man.