Thread: Question....
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Question....

I think Stapp had complete confidence in himself in the early years and that came through in the singing. Now he's been through some things that take a toll on the ego, so the charisma may not be the same but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I do think anyone who's used to Myles will think Stapp's voice is maybe not as good. But it's not all about the voice, it's about the song writing and "performance". Better not to compare I think - Myles is also a great guitarist too - each has his strengths - "why put down one to raise another" a great lyricist put it, lol. (Answer: because that's the only way we know to explain what we think I guess. Till we learn to communicate better.)

I fell hard in love with Led Zeppelin a few years ago - and sometimes it breaks my heart looking at the early Plant performances and then how he was after all the hard things came down. But he kept singing - that's the wonderful thing...to keep on keeping on with the best you have at the time...sometimes spring comes again.