View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New/Different Article about Break-up

Thanks to Z at PBF for finding this article.

This article should make Scott's fans a little happier then the MTV interview that Mark and Flip did.

MARK TREMONTI WON'T BLAME SCOTT STAPP FOR CREED SPLIT

New Rock News provided by LaunchDaily

Because the three other original members of the recently disbanded Creed remain together in a new band called Alter Bridge, people are wondering if the breakup was caused by frontman Scott Stapp. But guitarist Mark Tremonti -- who's still working with drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall -- isn't blaming Stapp entirely. Tremonti told us that Creed's split was simply a case of the musicians growing apart: "I don't want to point any fingers, but people just have different views. At the time of the breakup, me and Scott Phillips shared the same views, so we went our separate ways. But, you know, I don't want to specifically say anybody had anything to do with it. It's just me and Scott Phillips had a different outlook as to where we wanted to be."

Tremonti also told us that Creed made several attempts at recording their fourth album last year, but they didn't work out: "You know, just personal differences outweighed our progress in the band. And, you know, when we talked about doing the fourth record and got together three times, it just wasn't happening, and we realized it was gonna be way too much of an uphill battle to get this next record out."

Marshall was dismissed from Creed in August of 2000, after criticizing Pearl Jam in a Seattle radio interview.

Alter Bridge -- which also features former Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy -- will release their debut album on August 10th. The first single, which is called "Open Your Eyes," comes out this month.

Stapp is working on a solo album, and he'll also contribute music to an album inspired by the film The Passion Of The Christ. That record is due out August 31st.

A Creed greatest hits album should also be released before the end of the year.

In case anyone is interested - here's the link: The Point 105.7