View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Vids on YouTube from 2009 Reunion Tour

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) ^Chase I have to disagree with you. Saying that Stapp is better because he sold more records..come on! In a day where illegal downloading has cost records to all artist including AB. Also "Human Clay" was Creeds most succesful album mainly because of the pop crossover they got, where as Alter Bridge does not have that pop crowd. I think "Full Circle" is going to take a big hit with the way people download muisc illegally, that Creed didnt have to worry about on the first 3 records.

I'm not saying Stapp is a better vocalist, I'm merely saying that he has had an ability in the past to sell records. Like it or not, his voice and Tremonti's guitar work have made them filthy rich. So rich, that they can afford to move on to other ventures that aren't nearly as successful as Creed. Compare Mayfield 4 to Creed. It's hard for me to even find one person out on the street who even knows who Myles Kennedy is. For whatever reason, however, Stapp has had the ability to hit a nerve with people (good or bad).

Perhaps Creed's 15 minutes is up. If it is, that's fine. They have nothing to hang their heads about. In their day, they were at the top in terms of success. But to sit there and judge them based on a few YouTube videos of their first few shows is a bit ludacris. If their new record sucks, then it is safe to say that they're most likely done.