Thread: cold hard truth
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #30
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) Alter Bridge picked the worst song to be thier first single. There are better songs in that CD that could have been picked. Myles might have a good range, but his voice is so whiney its uncomfortable to listen to the same song over and over again. Stapp song may have a popish sound - but it is simple and has a beat and rythem. I believe those two things are crucial and important, but thats me.

But if you heard the first radio interview with the band on their acoustic tour, Mark said they specifically picked "Open Your Eyes" as the 1st single so it wouldn't throw old Creed fans out of the loop by hearing something totally different from the Creed sound they had known and loved. As fans adjust to the new sound from the album the singles will become more unique to the new sound of Alter Bridge.

I agree, though, that Stapp still has a great voice if he can keep it in shape. I always believed Creed had to many tour dates too close together that put strain on Scott's voice. He puts so much passion into his singing at every performance that a think his vocals needed more rest between performances.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)

Last edited by benkenobi : 08-07-2004 at 12:57 PM.