Thread: cold hard truth
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #23
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) First off, the original post said Scott Stapp made Creed or something to that effect. I disagree. Initially it was the four of them, then the three of them who made Creed what it was. I get tired of people thinking only the singer makes a band. Not so. It was the chemistry, passion and dynamics of ALL of them with their friendships and creative relationships to one another that led to the beautiful music.
I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that it wouldn't have mattered who fronted AB because some of those who love Stapp wouldn't accept anyone besides Stapp. It's time to move on, unfortunately.

And Rune, I agree, I'm reserving judgment until I see them live, though I like some of what I hear from AB, and if you listen to Myles' previous band, the Mayfield Four, there are a number of songs that send chills down my spine because of his beautiful singing. The man flat-out can sing and it may be that he lost something in singing someone else's lyrics on the AB stuff, but either way, I'm looking forward to seeing AB live and watching what they can do.

As for Relearn Love, I was thoroughly unimpressed. Yes, Scott's voice sounded fine, and the lyrics are really good, but the music did absolutely nothing for me. The structure of song just was boring and at the end it was all over the place, trying to sound hard after starting off as what sounded like easy listening to me. And for me, the music has to grab me before the lyrics, otherwise, I won't bother listening to it.

At end of the day the public will decide whether they like "Relearn Love " I personally love the song the sound was different and the Tea Party are great I just bought there CD and will buy there new CD when it comes out. So far overall from reading the reaction at AOL the public seem to like the song it's getting a great response. But time will tell we just have to wait for the public response to "Relearn Love" and Alterbridge.