View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:56 PM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alright, I just watched both videos, one after the other. My thoughts:

Myles sounded spot on during AB's performance of "FTR". I was apparently wrong when I said that he didn't earlier. I think I was thinking of another performance.

The music, during AB's performance, was a bit sped up, like RMadd said. That didn't sound as good as the album version, even though Tremo's playing was quite good.

The energy showcased by Myles was good(he also played with the mic stand a bit), but not great.

As for Stapp's, he sounded pretty good. Not quite as good as the album version, but he spiced things up a bit and sung it slightly differently(particularly the chorus).

The music was okay, but not great. It wasn't sped up like AB's, but it wasn't quite up to par with the album version, either.

Stapp's energy was amazing. He showed great charisma and great showmanship on stage, something he was known for during the MOP/HC tours, and perhaps part of the Weathered tour. Was it a bit overthetop at times? Yes, but that's what made it cool, imo. The mic stand trick only added to the performance. I hope he is this energetic during his tour, because if he is, that alone could make up for any subpar vocal performances.

The verdict: Well, it's tough to choose. The way I see it, both vocalists did a fantastic job. The music was on an equal level, although I'd give the edge to AB if the music wouldn't have been so sped up. The energy for both vocalists was good, but Stapp wins that hands-down. If Myles would have showed off a bit more like Stapp did, I might give the edge to him. Anyway, overall, I think I might have to give the edge to Stapp, for only one reason: he was more into than Myles was, and really put on a good show by himself.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!