View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #70
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This is idiotic. You all seem to be nitpicking about the truthfulness of the church because of one little argument. Sincirr, you say everyone knows this stuff but me. I have put in many hours of study on a ton different topics on my church. I know more about it then you could ever hope to. Uncertaindrumer, I have looked at those passages and I'm not ignoring them. I've answerd them. You just seem to ignore every one that I've posted that say they're not the same person. If "every church" changed their beliefs (which not ALL of them did) and bowed to social forces, it is because they are not the truth. We have had the same stance on the topic as always. Naked Smurf, you seem to just want to claim your brother knows everything because he was a missionary and you just take what he tells you. I don't care if he burned other churches pamplets for fun. People have fun doing different things.

If by 'the doctrine of the Trinity' one means the New Testament teaching that there is a Father, a Son, and a Holy Ghost, all three of whom are fully divine, then Latter-day Saints believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. It is as simple as that. The Latter-day Saints' first article of faith, written by Joseph Smith in 1842, states, "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost....However, if by "the doctrine of the Trinity" one means the doctrine formulated by the councils of Nicaea and Chalcedon and elaborated upon by subsequent theologians and councils--that God is three coequal persons in one substance or essence--then Latter-day Saints do not believe it. They do not believe it, because it is not biblical. Words central to the orthodox understanding of the Trinity --words like coequal, consubstantial, and circumincession, or the word trinity itself, for that matter--are not found in scripture.

I'm annoyed with everyone in this thread saying that I'm wrong but not listening to why I'm right. At least I'm listining to your arguments. I don't care what you believe about me. I don't care what you believe about my faith. The only way to know the truth for sure is to wait for Jesus to come back to earth and see which church he selects as his. The misconception of us getting our own planet originally came from something Lorenzo Snow said when he said "As man is, God once was, and as God is, man may become" (June 1840). It has since been changed by people to mean whatever they want it to mean.

I'm sick of this thread. I'm sick of what all of you are saying and judgements you are making. I'm done with this thread. Please do not try to have a conversation with me if you're not willing to listen. If you're willing to listen and interact as adults, then I'll answer any questions you may have.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"