View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed At Darien Lake - Clip

Heres the review

Quote: DARIEN — For a group that reunited in 2009 to release a new album and launch a nationwide tour, Creed is sounding better than ever.

Their performance Saturday night at Darien Lake was a smash hit with the crowd, which went wild over the band’s electrifying and scorching sound — a surprise for listeners who might have only been familiar with Creed’s public persona on the radio.

----------

Concert Review

Creed

Saturday night at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center.

----------

Although Creed is typically considered a post-grunge band, the band’s style in a live setting leans more toward hard, head-banging rock. But one thing is sure: the audience got what it wanted.

Creed delivered a blazing performance, and the guitar runs had the alacrity and facility of an organist playing a Bach fugue — except with much more volume.

The warm-up band, Theft, started out the night with somewhat muddy vocals but a steady beat and energetic pulse.

Creed’s performance, overall, drew a packed crowd that reveled in songs like “Higher,” “One” and “My Sacrifice.”

The lyrics hold solid messages and, therefore, encouraged listeners to sing along.

Creed, with a live sound that proved to be sufficiently full and round, welcomed a passionate audience with arms wide open.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings