Thread: Concerts
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Webwitch
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Long Story... here's the short version. I was injured in a car accident a couple of years a go, a woman talking on a cell phone didn’t see a stop sign and pulled out 20 feet in front of me. I was driving at 55 mph and collided with her into a dead stop, the impact resulted in permanent neck injuries. Before the accident my life was chaos at best, I had an Autistic child who was 5, a one year old baby, and a six year old daughter, a full time job and home to care for. But the accident put my life on hold. It took 18 months of physical therapy to be able to sit again, even in pain, during that time I was prescribed so many drugs that I couldn’t keep track of everything I was on or what it was for. I can not describe in words the influence Creed's music has had on my life, let alone what “Weathered” had on my recovery. I played it through every session of PT, during the CAT scans, MRI, and Bone Density tests. Finally last month I was discharged having reached “an acceptable level” of recovery. I’ll always live in some degree of pain, but have managed to get off the prescriptions, and get on with my life.

I decided I needed to see Creed in concert, to hear the music that has become so important to me, live. I haven’t had a real vacation since before my son was diagnosed Autistic. No one knows what Heaven and Hell it is daily to have a special needs child, unless you have one. I have the “weathered” crest tattooed on my shoulder blade to remind me to that even though I’m rusted and weathered ... all planned before they announced thier GR concert.
I try to hold on but I’m calloused to the bone