View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 09:21 AM   #18
meemawuk
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I felt the need to register just so i could post here. First of all dont get me wrong here as I completely respect the fact that tremonti is an good guitar player and absolutely superb song writer. However, hes not actually that great a guitarist, and certainly isnt particularly fast . Listen to the solo on open your eyes. when hes shredding he doesnt get clear note definition. about 3.37 secs where he starts picking very fast he diguises it with wah. Theres just something not right with his note fretting and picking timing. So as far as being an awesome guitarist is concerned, although hes good im not all that convinced. BUT!!!!!! tremonti's huge strenth is his song writing ability. Theres not really a memorable, fantastic solo on any creed album but the songs are mindblowing and creed are 1 of my all time favourtite bands. If u want real speed watch some Michael Angelo... but does Angelo have the song writing ability of tremonti?? NO!

p.s. not bashing open your eyes solo because i love it, it was the best example i could think of.