Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) "Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here

You know, I think that quote might have been taken out of context. It seems like it really contradicts everything that has been said in the past. It has almost always(with the exception of this interview) been said that Tremonti did the music while Stapp did the lyrics. I highly doubt Tremonti also did the lyrics....those lyrics in Creed just don't look like they could have come from Tremo....ESPECIALLY when you compare them to the Alter Bridge lyrics, which if I'm understanding correctly were mainly written by Tremo. I'm a big fan of Flip, as I am of Tremonti, Marshall, Stapp and Kennedy, but even I question that particular quote(just the lyrics part and perhaps the vocal part, too) and have questioned it since the day I read it in that paper.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!