Thread: On my mind...
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
musicmovesus
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
On my mind...

I recently saw on the Twitter accounts of Mark, Brian,Scott and Myles that Alter Bridge's "Isolation" release was #1 and the last I looked it was in the #5 slot on Billboard records. I have "on demand" and under music they had Alter Bridge with Isolation. I took a listen and watched the video..it is a song that gets your attention. There is no denying that Myles Kennedy has a great voice abeit very different from Scott's. To be honest, I have not really listened to Alter Bridge's music. I have been a Creed fan since the late 90's and and a big fan of Scott Stapps. I must admit it was hard to watch the rest of the Creed band looking to have a good time in this video and seem to have a very easy relationship between the 4 of them. They goof off a lot and laugh. I have watched some You Tube footage of them and read some articles and they seem to be a nice fit. They just seem to be more at ease and actually having a better time on stage than when with Creed...this was hard to watch. I feel like I am cheating I recently read the article that Scott Stapp did where the guy doing the interview asked about what he thinks of Alterbridge. His response was hesitant and it seemed to be really guarded. He stated that he did not really know their music but if it involves the guys he plays with onstage then it has to be good. He wishes them the best. It seemed so sad. I imagine it must be hard to see "your band" on the road with another guy and the band actually making a mark for itself and becoming successful. I know Scott made his mistakes and he has made amends and they seem to have worked it out. I just can't help but wonder that when/if they get back together for the next Creed album (talked about in 2012) and hopefully tour...does Alterbridge become like the "white elephant" in the room that they don't talk about. How uncomfortable. I know that I have never heard an interview or read an interview where Scott Stapp has uttered the name "Alter Bridge". I do remember someone quoting him in an interview saying it was "like watching your women cheat on you in front of your eyes) I feel for him and the rest of the guys. At first I even was not happy about the success of ABIII. I kept thinking what if they get super successful and they cannot do both bands. I had also noticed that Scott Stapp does not Twitter at all about his Band Mate's or Alter Bridge's success. Hopefully it will be a win/win for everyone. I am excited to hear Scott's Solo album.