USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp arrested again

Restraining order has been dropped:

Quote: Wife asks judge to drop restraining order against ex-Creed singer

By Nancy L. Othón
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted May 25 2007, 8:02 PM EDT

The wife of former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp asked a judge Friday to dismiss the domestic violence restraining order against her husband.

In court documents filed Friday, Jaclyn Stapp asks Circuit Judge Charles Burton to essentially nullify the injunction, which prevented Stapp from entering their home west of Boca Raton and seeing their baby, Milan.

Stapp, 33, was arrested Sunday after his wife called 911 and frantically reported he had thrown a bottle of orange juice at her. Jaclyn Stapp, who ducked, was not hurt during the incident. The original charge of felony aggravated assault already has been reduced to misdemeanor assault.

"The filing of the voluntary dismissal was at my client's direction, but shouldn't be taken as withdrawing any of the allegations which were made in the petition," said Jaclyn Stapp's attorney, Michael Gora. "My client and her husband have been attempting to reach an understanding for the benefit of their marriage and child." Gora declined to comment further.

In her petition filed Monday, Jaclyn Stapp alleged that deputies who responded to the couple's home for the domestic dispute found cocaine and marijuana in her husband's car. No drug charges have been filed against Scott Stapp. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has acknowledged another investigation is ongoing, but officials have declined to say whether drugs were found or give details.

The petition also described prior alleged incidents in which Stapp threw a baby swing at her and broke at least two doors.

The conditions of Stapp's bond still require him to avoid contact with his wife and stay away from their home, though he is allowed to use the recording studio there.

The Grammy award-winning rock singer, whose band broke up in 2004, has admitted in a Rolling Stone magazine interview to struggling with drugs.

Scott Stapp's attorney Robert Gershman declined to comment Friday but previously has denied there were any drugs on the couple's property and has said that Jaclyn Stapp's 911 call was motivated by money and custody of the child.

This whole thing just keeps getting more and more bizarre. I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!