View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #24
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: Bush admits the CIA runs secret prisons

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Btw if you treat them humanely, that does not mean that you cannot question your prisoners, there is no law that forbids that, torturing people, while questioning them, that is a whole other story.

Well what I've been refering to is the fact that many Democrats and Republicans are voicing their opinion over the current methods of detaining and questioning suspects. There were recent news reports that referred to how we've been questioning these terrorists once captured. They would be sent to these secret prisions and be forced to stay awake for days at a time until they cooperated. They would be forced to listen to loud music (The Red Hot Chili Peppers lol) so they could not sleep. Many leading Democrats and some Republicans as well, are calling for this to end and these terrorists be sent to Guantanamo Bay where they will not face any of these treatments. They will be given access to Bible's and be able to participate in their religious traditions. They will have two hours for excercise and free roam in the prison. 3 regular meals a day. This is what I'm referring to and am strongly against. The prisoners here have no reason to speak up if they don't feel so.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"