View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Solo Artist - Goran

I'm sure no one knows who this is, but here's a brief explanation.

This local rock band, The Gufs, started out playing local bars, clubs, festivals, etc. After years of doing this they finally get signed to Atlantic Records. Their first CD is put out with the hit singles "Smile" and "Crash (Into Me)." They put out one more CD on the label, then get dropped by their request due to the label not giving them enough $$ to promote. I think they put out a few CD's on their own after that (not sure though). Then they broke up.

The lead singer of the band has continued in the music career, by himself. He's played a bunch of small clubs and colleges in my area for awhile, and had a show on Thursday night with a release of his new solo CD. His band is called "Goran" which is his first name. His new CD is very awsome. It's very mellow, but a great listen. I think they will be adding sound clips to the web site sometime soon (also you'll be able to get the CD from the site soon).

http://www.goranmusic.com

Check it out. Also, try to find the songs "Smile" and "Crash (Into Me)" from The Gufs and see if you like those. They are awsome tunes.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"