View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
meeceek
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Bought the DVD this morning and just finished watching the concert and the updated documentary. Big Freeze is not included in this DVD, and actually for what this is, I'm glad. The video presentation is just outstanding, in my opinion. I think that is the payoff for having over 200 HD cameras at hand. It was awesome to play it on our 46" HD TV with the surround on! We went to one of the live concerts, and I'm glad that they were able to capture the intensity and stage effects well. I would have liked to see just a little bit more of the overall stage view at times, including the beautiful backdrop screen, but they did manage to show it quite a bit in the video. It was just so amazing to see it live behind them on every song. The trade-off for that was all the fantastic closeup shots! I've obviously never seen Creed like this so closeup, and it is great to see them up close and personal during the performance. There are some really great closeups of all the guys at some point. I also got a big kick out of ERock, too. He adds such a great aspect. It also reminds me even more about how much energy they all put into this live show, too. I loved every minute of the whole thing.

I wanted to also mention that the updated tour documentary is 45 minutes long and way better than the one that came with the FC deluxe set because they have added more to it from the entire tour, including the awesome guy that was hyped up on Red Bull. He is hilarious!

I'm sure I'll also be buying the Deluxe box set when it comes out, but I had to go ahead and get this now. I'm sure the Big Freeze will be pretty cool, but it's also nice to have this video that is pretty much the concert straight up as it was.

Last edited by meeceek : 12-08-2009 at 06:26 PM.