View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #45
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ivan_Creed) Some people should write shorter, and conclude that they should really get their own planet, that would be later invaded by the Empire, and turned into slaves that work in mines extracting an unknown mineral used for photon torpedoes...
Then Dave Chapell came..

WTH does that have to do with anything???

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You say that God didn't corrupt the Church, and that MEN did. Yet, you have not dealt with how that is possible if Jesus promised NOT to let the Church be corrupted.
Jesus didn't promise not to let the church get corrupted. Once he wasn't on earth anymore, it wasn't up to him, because he wasn't physically leading it. Men were leading it under his direction, but they still have the ability to construe the teachings (just as we do).
Quote: By the way, when you dealt with the verses, you dealt with them individually. Here is my point: it is obvious that there are both God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and yet the Bible also says that there is only one God! I do not see how you can then say that there are three gods working in unison. It just makes no sense.
What's wrong with dealing with them individually? Looking at them as a whole still supports (at least to me) that they are seperate. Also, I NEVER SAID that they are three gods. They are three people, ONE GOD. Along with the one God, is one son, and one spirit. They are one in purpose (ie, the work of God, bringing souls unto Christ, etc.)
Quote: Also, I still didn't catch WHEN you think the Church was corrupted? Most mormons seem to think it was in the reign of Constantine, but I do not know if that is a Mormon belief or jsut hte personal opinion of ones I talked to, please enlighten me.
I don't believe you can put an exact time on when the church was corrupted. It has never been taught (that is to say, it is not doctrine) that it happened during the reign of Constantine. It's possible, but not definate. In the bible, you can see evidence of the church already beginning to change when Christ was crucified. Also, one thing I could point out, is that not only did it change, but it has not stopped changing. Churches spring up all over the place today that claim to be the full truth, and try to go back to exactly how the church was organized in the new testament, and follow practices of the old testament. Still today people change things and teach their own interpretations.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"