View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #32
mrowl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) Got the new Rolling Stone today which had a review of TGD -
They were pretty harsh...only gave it 2 stars and had this to say:
"Too bad the most uplifting songs on The Great Divide usually feel as annoyingly blustery as the most downtrodden...Rarely have souls-searching confessionals sounded so bland."
I'll admit it took me a little while to really love it, but thats BS when every other crappy cd they reviewed got at least 3 stars.

but, they pretty much hit on how I feel about this album. I got if from Itunes the day it came out, and have now listened to it for a couple of weeks.

And I am very dissapointed. I interpret the majority of the tracks as seperating himself from Creed, and celebrating a new start.... which is fine. And most of those lyrics are fine, but... the music, the guitar, everything, is VERY blah. There is ZERO new creativity in this music. And I won't get into his voice... I doubt I go see his tour, I may if its a small venue, this really is a stab in the back, I was REALLY looking forward to something great.

dissapointed in Texas.