View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #28
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedture) One thing worth mentioning is that Delray show was a one-off, special invite show apparently - i'm sure he put more into it and didn't have another show the next night, and the next, and the next (you get the picture). Probably sings at a 5 or 6, to sustain the length of the tour as opposed to a 10 for a one shot.

People say the album is all dubwork, but I don't buy that. you can't auto-tune emotion, the grit, that.."Stapp" feeling. But your albums are your legacy, so you give it your all. We've all moved on from the drunken stupor live shows, im sure we'll move on from the sub-par vocals at the live shows. However, this reunion would be short-lived if this new album sounded anywhere near as bad the live shows, ya know?

All that is very true.
But Scott isn't even as good on the album as he was in Delray.
Not even with autotune. And most of that album is very produced.
Scott sounds his absolute best on Overcome, and there's heavy work on the vox. Even if he didn't belt it out live anymore...which he doesn't, and you can tell that much is intentional.....he should still be able to stay ON KEY and not be flat most of the time. So there's definately problems there.

Some is probably to do with his voice, some is probably breathing.
Smoking definately didn't help, and to be honest, with the band playing everything 534343495 times faster than it's supposed to be, it's really hard to breathe and hit the correct notes.

The Stapp we're hearing now can't even do what he did while he was overseas, so I REALLY hope that he recovers, and I hope they never record an album this fast again.....especially if his vocals could have been better.

Listen to "Fear" and start listening closely after the second chorus, right after Stapp whispers "change". When he sings "Leave the past behind", his voice actually cracks towards the end....sounded like he needed to clear his throat. (If you can't hear what I'm talking about, look up the WAAF Pool Party footage on youtube......meh.) His voice cracks alot like that if he's having problems. It seems like they were so rushed with the recording, that they didn't even bother taking time to do a retake. Something very un-Howard Benson like.

Last edited by josha31042 : 12-15-2009 at 05:31 PM.