View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) I gotta pose this question because i just watched the videos from delray for the first time:

Is it possible they are staging the crap vocals and that the world tour will be a complete reversal of what we've been seeing?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but i just dont see how his voice could have changed that much over such a short period of time barring some huge (as in physical) accident.

Drinking and smoking can't effect your voice THAT much over not even a one year period, there's just no way.

Scott smoked in the early days of creed all the way through weathered and it really only started wearing on him during the middle of the weathered tour and that was 6 years of smoking.

Unless it's this new way he's learned to sing that is doing it i don't see how this is even physically possible. He was both healthy and having absolutely no pitch problems in a completely unedited video, and now they're having problems getting him on pitch even with autotune and they're playing the entire set tuned down a step.

I just don't understand it. Anyone have any thoughts?
Staging? nah. IMO. the smoking plus non-stop rehearsing, recording, touring has just caught up with him hence the hoarseness, either that or he has another problem we don't know about. He's been using these new vocal techniques with a coach for a few years now so that debunks the "holding back" theory.
I know he was heavily tuned on the AOL Sessions but even on that he sounded at least 80-90% and the Fox & Friends performance wasn't great but the songs were not tuned down a half a step. So something had to go wrong between then and the start of the tour.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 12-14-2009 at 03:24 PM.