View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #16
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Yeah....

I doubt I'll buy the deluxe version now, as much as I want to...
I can stomach the problems with the performance....but the freakin' editing is absolutely unacceptable. Screw their 239 cameras.
Sure, Dan, it was nice to have all of that. But we don't need to see every one of them every few seconds...pick a frame and stick with it for more than a second or two. Having the camera switch positions so much was kind of annoying, imo. Also.....seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY?

SRSLY?!?!?! DUBYA TEE EFF WERE THE PRODUCERS DOING?
WHY DID THEY SCREW UP THE SHOW?

I mean, really, a 10 year old could have done better work getting the audio and video synched up. They almost completely screwed A Thousand Faces with the way they sped Stapp up, they killed One Last Breath, (and I thought it couldn't get much worse..), after they OBVIOUSLY had Stapp's vocals not even matching what he was physically saying.
There's parts where Stapp is talking where the words don't even match his lips at all. Seriously. FAIL. Horrible. I've actually never seen a video released with this kind of problem with it. It's like they got tired of work, said "eff it", and put it on the shelf.

This is what happens when you speed things up, and don't take the proper time to work on them. I really feel bad for the guys, and can't help but wonder if they even noticed the problems at the premiere.
Either way, too late now. What's done is done....and it's permanent.
I am seriously disappointed in the way things are turning out.

I'll be the first to tell you, I absolutely love this band.
Them being back, is amazing. The new album, is amazing.
But there are problems with the album that could have been avoided if they had taken more time, and there's damn sure problems on the DVD that should have been avoided, IF THE FREAKING IDIOTS WHO EDITED IT, WOULD QUIT CONCENTRATING ON CHANGING THE CAMERA ANGLE EVERY FEW SECONDS, AND FOCUS ON GETTING THE PERFORMANCE PUT ON VIDEO C-O-R-R-E-C-T-L-Y.

The documentary was decent. It was pretty much the same documentary in the walmart exclusive deal, but with a bunch of added stuff to it.
Overall, I give the performance a 6/10. The band, as a whole, was good.

I give the video quality a 10/10. Very nice picture and audio.
But I give this DVD a 2/10, because putting that kind of BS on a shelf for a fan to buy, is a personal insult to Creed fans.
If you're going to do something, do it well, or don't do it at all.
No need to ruin a "world record breaking DVD" with sloppy editing.

I have better things to spend my money on, like Looney Tunes, which I can honestly say.....has never had an audio/visual synch problem.