View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 02:03 AM   #41
Ed Wood
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) That is Fucking Sad that you think ANY Blink album is anything but Dog Crap... Pop Punk is a Trend... a Fad... There is absolutely no Musician Ship in Punk it's just a bunch of kids trying to be rockstars without learning to play their Instruments.
Go Pick up a Black Label Record and find out what TRUE Musician's can Do...
Watch it there, man. It's opinion. I've listened to BLS, and not only did I think the music wasn't all that hot, Zakk Wylde has one of the worst (read: annoying, grating) voices I've ever heard. Again, my opinion. For what they were, Blink were great, but of course you're not going to like them if you don't like that type of music. Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. That is one of the arguments that people who love metal make, that it must be good because it's difficult to play. Sorry, that's a bullshit argument.

Blink really played with their sound on their last album, mixed catchy hooks with great percussion and ever got Robert Smith to sing on one of the songs! It was a wonderful pop/punk fusion that the fans loved and made fans of many Blink-doubters. They were very experimental with it and it came out brilliantly. It was just as deserving of praise as the new Green Day album. If you doubt musicianship in this type of music, shut up and listen to Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia," a modern pop masterpiece.

Blink is not at the top of my list of favorite bands or anything, but I respect them for their work and thought they made one killer album and many good songs scattered throughout the years. Don't belittle me for my opinion!

You can have your BLS (and stop pretending to be a rock star).

Last edited by Ed Wood : 03-01-2005 at 02:06 AM.