View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #76
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of all I would just like to say that when Christians are trying to prove a point about Christianity and use words such as "bullshit," it's kind of hard to prove that point when the bible specifically talks about taming your tongue; hypocritical if you ask me.
Second, I, along with you Jester, am married. I got married almost a year ago at the age of 20. Now if you believe in the validity of the bible or not, wouldn't you say that its standards for marriage are one of the best. It gives you a clear plan on how to make your marriage great. Obviously, I haven't been married for too long, but I feel that our marriage is following what the bible has to say about it. Along with the outline for marriage, the bible is full of teachings that nothing else comes close to. Morallity got its existence somewhere. The laws, the government, it all originated from the bible. Nothing else on earth compares to the bible. It has effected more peoples lives than anything else has. Now if you believe in God (which you said you do), why would God allow these things to happen if Christianity was not the right way? Why would the bible be the all-time best-selling book if this God did not condone Christianity? Now I realize, and agree, that the bible has been changed throughout the centuries. And? Has it caused mass chaos, or destruction? So it changed throughout the centuries, is this to say that God had no say in it at all? What if this was God's plan all along? So what if a few words were changed to make it sound better, will this really change your outlook on Christianity? Some of these questions cannot be answered, why, because there is no way of knowing the answers. We cannot even conceive what the mind of God is like. The mind of God that created this earth and all its inhabitants in such a way, that we will never understand it. (Once again, I'm coming from the viewpoint that there is a God because you acknoweldged that you believe in Him.)
Who is God to you?