Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #162
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: If I'm not mistaken Alter Bridge also used a connection to Creed...so has Stapp...I'm betting that its the record label insisting on that. I've seen copies of One Day Remains with a Creed reference on them. They wanna sell records..and they feel a connection to Creed may help that along. Tremonti didn't want to do it, but when he figured out that no body knew who Alter Bridge was, he allowed the connection to Creed. They sure as hell talked about Creed alot more than they ever did Alter Bridge in every interview they ever gave. As far as I'm concerned, Stapp did write most of the lyrics to Creed songs...you won't convince me it was Mark Tremonti. Tremonti has just as much right to play Creed songs as Stapp does, but he's stated that he hates the music...can't even stand to listen to it. Maybe if he played Creed songs, more people would actually attend an Alter Bridge show...since there are lots of people out there that never got to see Creed live. I'm sure that musically it would be to the letter, but don't know about that singer.
If you read the early interviews, the guys tried hard to avoid talking about Creed. It's the interviewers who steered the conversation toward Creed and the breakup. I'm sure they finally got sick of the questions, so yeah, after a while, there was a lot of talk on their part about Creed, the breakup and Stapp. The media wouldn't let it rest because that's all they cared about really. They weren't really interested in the music that much, not the majority of the reporters, anyway.